twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Friday, July 1, 2016

Baby Shower Picnic at the Getty


Hello!

If you have followed me for a while, you have noticed that I often post memories from events that have passed a little while back. I hope that you still find them inspiring and enjoy seeing how my friends and I celebrate various milestones in sunny LA. 

Today I am sharing with you a shower thrown for my dear friend Evie at the Getty Center Museum. It was such an amazing (and free) venue (minus parking per vehicle) to host a lawn picnic and celebrate the arrival of her second gorgeous boy. 

Once Evie and everyone arrived we began our picnic lunch on the lawn just below the Garden Terrace Cafe. 






We caught up on life and snacked on fruits and veggies while sharing some of our favorite memories of Evie. It was so neat to get to know all the different women in Evie's social circles. Evie is amazing and has always been a great people connector. The shady lawn proved to be the perfect setting for some bonding and casual conversation. 




The surroundings were beautiful and it was a perfectly clear LA day. After our picnic lunch we spent some time giving gifts to Evie and writing her some encouraging verse cards. 








After gifts, we decided to stretch our legs and take a walk around the newly renovated Central Gardens. I had not yet been but was so excited to check them out as my previous visits had only seen the gardens closed for construction.






As wonderful as our picnic was, my favorite bit of the day was wondering through the hedges and flowers with these beautiful ladies.










I love the Getty Center for a variety of reasons; the art, the architecture and now the gardens. However, the absolute best part of spending the day there is the view of Los Angeles. From the balconies surrounding the museum you can see the entire county. We were fortunate that day to have really clear weather and perfectly blue skies. I mean come on! How gorgeous is this city?



The ladies and I had the most wonderful day and it has been just as wonderful seeing Evie become a Mom to 2 bouncing boys. I am so happy we got to shower her with gifts and sunshine and baby Colin is already such a gift himself. 

If you are looking for an inexpensive, unique, and sunny spot to host a shower or get together I highly recommend picnicking at the Getty Center Museum. 


xoxo
~ A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment