twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Downtown Diaries: Blow-Outs at Neihulé Salon


My life long best friend Loee and I have celebrated our birthdays together since we were 9. The last couple summers we opted out of traditional gifts and chose to celebrate with a day trip. Last year we went to Catalina Island and this year we spent the day getting lost in our very own Downtown LA. After combing through the options and selecting a few of the activities that we have always wanted to do, we both agreed that a little pampering and some good old fashioned girl time was in store for our birth-day-out.

I always see women in magazines (and on Pinterest/blogs/walking around seemingly everywhere!) with incredible loose curls. Their ombre tresses look so sleek and I find myself envying their perfectly undone hair. As a virgin brunette with pin straight hair I have always dreamt of furnishing my own carefree waves. As such, mine and Loee's first stop was fabulous hair.



On the docket were a couple of blow-outs at Neihulé's flagship salon on Olive Street. We found a great deal on groupon and as fate would have it the shop was only minutes from our pre-selected brunch spot. I have to admit this was my first time using Groupon (I know!) and I was shocked by how easy it was. The offer on our blow-outs was a mere 24$! 
Yes, please!



The studio, while small, was bright and the staff were really friendly. We were served some bubbly and given the menu of hair options. Loee and I both wanted those dreamy loose curls so our stylists got to work straight away. First, the standard thorough wash, before being moved to the Blow-Dry Bar for phase two drying. 




I watched as Loee started her blow-dry and tried to remember exactly what the stylist was doing to create Loee's perfect waves. It took a while for my hair to dry out, and then my stylist used a large barrel wand to create some additional curl.




I was so pleased with the initial outcome (which by the way took almost 2 hours because my hair is looooong)!!! As we left the salon for brunch, Loee and I were promptly greeted by some light showers. Good thing we used Groupon... It was a magical sort of mishap. It totally felt like we were caught in our own comedy of two girls about town. All the excitement of our swishy new dos only to have them rained on in the busy streets of DTLA! Even though our freshly pampered hair only lasted a couple of hours - we managed to capture some photos of course!





I loved our not so glamorous run-walk in the rain to brunch almost as much as our morning of primping because it was all spent with my best friend. Stay tuned for the next chapter in our adventure, a peak inside the restaurant I could easily call home! 

I am now on Bloglovin! Follow me there for updates and check out all the other amazing bloggers on the site. All the blogs you love in one place <3

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14689299/?claim=yj2bf62n98t">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

xoxo
~ A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment