twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Monday, March 7, 2016

Why I Blog and Make Videos


No one has really ever asked me why I started blogging or making YouTube videos. Maybe everyone just assumes it's my hobby, like blogging and vlogging are just "my thing". But the truth is I am obsessed with the online world. For 5 years I have wondered through internet-land secretly pining for a role of my own. I have consumed loads of content and responded to other people's posts and vids, but never created something of my own. I have produced a few videos and written some random thoughts but never fully committed to this whole blog and YouTube thing. 

3 months ago I decided that would change.


Maybe now you might ask, "Ali, why do you blog and make YouTube videos?" The answer is two fold. Not only do I want to carve out a place of my own online (you know, for self-expression and all that) but I also want to be more open about the impact my faith has made on my life.  I am a Christian; I follow after God, I try to be a light, and I hope to lead others to a saving faith in Jesus. 

My blog is not just about my faith, it is also about my life in Los Angeles. LA has become inseparable from my Christian journey. The city is my home, my love, and I understand God as a creator better by doing life in this magical place. I pray that someday you my reader, you my friend, and you my family come to experience the same. 

I am not a perfect person. I am not the best storyteller. What I hope to be is an honest window into a life of abundancy, including the good, the bad, the beautiful and the whimsical. This is my public declaration of faith and my commitment to make Jesus the center of this blog. I want to commit this space and my channel to Him. 

I have no idea where this adventure will lead me or lead us! My plan is to continue praying, continue posting and trust that my God-given desires will lead somewhere, even if only back to Him. 

I have so many ideas and stories to share. From devotional Mondays to touristy Tuesdays, I plan to be open and comprehensive about my day-to-day life. I will also be sharing some amazing memories I have made along the way (in throw back Thursdays posts). Oh! and some Home and Fashion Fridays will be sprinkled in along the way. 

Here's to a new adventure of sharing the life I love. Forgive the rough patches. This blog, like me, is a work in progress.







I love you.

xoxo
~ A ~


2 comments: