twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Friday, March 18, 2016

Vintage Vlogs: Christmas in NYC


All throughout my senior year of college I knew I was destined for a big city post graduation. For so long I had mentally prepared for somewhere like New York, the mass volumes of people, the high rises, the general clustering of all things. It was music to my heart. God inevitably sent me to LA but I have always felt that New York held a piece of my soul, like a ghost or shadow of my alternate self lived there just waiting to reunite with me. In all my traveling I had never been to New York once, but felt like I knew and understood it on a deep level. I could dream about it and longed to walk it's busied streets. 

A little over a year ago, that day dream finally became a reality. 

My best friend Sarah and her husband Casey moved to NYC when they got married and gave me the best excuse to fly out there of a long weekend's visit. After careful planning and a roundtrip ticket through Virgin, I was on my way!

 Sarah and Casey showed me the most incredible time in the city. 

We did all the things. 

Check out my quick NYC list below (captured mostly on my iPhone due to the heavy rain) and watch my vlog of the weekend here!

Day 1 ~ Harlem and Columbia University

Stop 1: Levain Bakery 
2167 Frederick Douglass Blvd
(for gourmet cookies)


Stop 2: Double Dutch Coffee Shop 
2194 Frederick Douglass Blvd
(for hot chocolates and catch - ups)


Stop 3: Columbia's Campus
116th St & Broadway


Stop 4: St. John the Divine 
1047 Amsterdam Ave
(Xu Bing exhibition - amazing artwork)





Night 1 ~ Brooklyn and Jazz Clubs

Stop 5: Rainy Walk Across the Brooklyn Bridge
(we were the only ones walking, it was magic)




Stop 6: Juliana's Pizza in Dumbo
19 Old Fulton St, Brooklyn







Stop 7: Bill's Place for Jazz 
W 133rd Street



Day 2 ~ Downtown and Christmas Shopping

Stop 8: Time's Square
7th Ave and 46th Street




Stop 9: Rockefeller Center
45 Rockefeller Plaza


Stop 10: Tiffany's, Bergdorf's, and Henri Bendel
5th Avenue
(some of the best window shopping and cosmetic sampling ever)









Night 2 ~ Cocktails and Serendipity in Manhattan

Stop 11: The Jeffrey Cocktail Bar
311 East 60th St.


Stop 12: Serendipity3
225 E 60th St
(this is in my top 10 favorite places on earth)





Stop 13: More Serendipity at Rockefeller Center!
(one of my bests from college and her husband happened to be there at the same time)




Day 3 ~ Soho Reunion and Bryant Park

Stop 14: Vive Le Crepe 
51 Spring St.
(Reunited with 2 dear friends and fellow ballerinas from college)


Stop 15: Winter Village at Bryant Park
40th St and Ave of the Americas
(for Christmas displays and sipping chocolate)


It's safe to say we owned the city that weekend, and I was reunited with my New York soul.

xoxo
~ A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment